Archivo de la categoría: Training Rides
April Training Rides
WE are hosting training rides to get us ready for the 5 Boro Bike Tour. Even if you didn’t sign up for the tour, come ride with us! All are welcome. We will have rides on the dates listed below, led by WE Bike officers.
- Thursday April 11- West Side Highway at Christopher St., 6:30-Dark.
- Sunday April 14- Prospect Park, Connecticuit Muffin 206 Prospect Park West, 10am-12pm.
- Tuesday April 16- Central Park, 59th St. Fountain, 6:30-Dark.
- Sunday April 21- Prospect Park, Connecticuit Muffin 206 Prospect Park West, 10am-12pm.
- Friday April 26- Prospect Park, Connecticuit Muffin 206 Prospect Park West, 10am-12pm.
- Sunday April 28- West Side Highway at Christopher St., 2pm-5pm.
March Training Rides
Prospect Park- Morning and Weekend
March 1, 10am- 12pm
March 8, 10am-12pm
March 17, 10am-12pm
Meet at the entrance to Prospect Park on 9th Street at Prospect Park West
These rides are aimed at people who are starting to ride after a winter’s break, and will go about 9-10 mph. WE’ll work on any issues that come up while we ride around the park, and can start and stop as needed. Bring a working bike (please inflate tires to proper pressure), helmet, comfortable clothing for bike riding (does not need to be “bike clothing”), water and a bit of cash for a coffee/tea afterwards at the Juice Peddlar. Remember: if it is cold or wet WE’ll ride, but will cancel if there’s snow or a really bad storm. *All are welcome- you don’t have to be riding in the Tour at the end to participate in the training!
Central Park- After Work
March 12th, 6pm – dark
March 27th, 6pm- dark
Meet at the fountain in Columbus Circle
These bi-weekly rides will build from 6 miles on the 12th to 30 miles before the big day! Come to all or some of the rides to build your skills, speed and stamina and meet others riding with WE Bike on May 5th. WE will aim to ride about 15 miles/hour, but will adjust to the group. No one will get dropped. All are welcome- you don’t have to be riding in the Tour at the end to participate in the training! Please be sure to bring a helmet and LIGHTS.